Saturday

NO SPAM FILTERS when you're job hunting!

I recently got this message when I replied to someone applying to a job posting:
"To control spam, I now allow incoming messages only from senders I have approved beforehand. If you would like to be added to my list of approved senders, please fill out the short request form (see link below). Once I approve you, I will receive your original message in my inbox. You do not need to resend your message. I apologize for this one-time inconvenience."

Don't make employers have to work any harder to reach you. Even if it means you get a few offers of pills promising to enlarge certain body parts, deal with it. Otherwise you risk not getting that email saying "Thanks for submitting your resume, are you available for a phonescreen?"

No comments:

Post a Comment